Portfolio Diversification...And Other Random Stuff
Since my realization the other day about my dating portfolio, I've started to diversify. I thought fixed income was ideal, but I'm still young, so I've been dabbling in mutual funds and even looking at some, er, international funds. LOL. I recently added an international ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) to the portfolio. The good thing about ETFs is that they're funds that trade like stocks...best of both worlds, I think. Thus far, this new addition has been performing great. I'm really happy with my choice.
Play It Again, Sam
I think Woody Allen is a child-molesting pervert. In my opinion, there's no difference between what he did and what R. Kelly did...'cept that only one of them was caught on tape. He's labeled a cinematic genius, and people conveniently forget that he married his lover's adopted daughter, which in my mind means he was schtuping her when she was underaged - despite what he says to the contrary.
Soapbox Speech aside, I love the movie Play It Again, Sam. How cool would it be to have Humphrey Bogart as your alterego/Hitch coach? If Humphrey would've been on my date with the Starving Artist, I bet it'd have gone a little differently. He'd probably have said something like, "Somewheres in life you got turned around; it's his job to pay for you. Pull yourself together, kid. This date is going nowhere, see?" LOL.
Smelling Summer
I can smell summer approaching, and already a couple of my female friends have had run-ins with dudes who don't know how to speak to women on the street. I'm really baffled; when a dude says, "Yo ma, lemme talk to you for a minute." or does that offensive kissing noise, or make inappropriate comments about having a fat ass, do women really stop for that stuff??
Is there ever a woman (chickenheads are exempt from this discussion) who says, "Oh, he just kissed at me; lemme stop and go back!" I must thank my locs, because I rarely ever have instances like this since I started growing them. "Empress" & "Queen" suit me just fine. Teehee.
Just Bein' Nice
I wish there was a way to make dudes understand that just because you're nice and say hello it doesn't mean that you're interested.
What's on your mind this Monday?


7 Comments:
The Yo Mama men are just a part of summer, like the flowers and bees. And you know they serve their purpose, like on those rotten days its nice to have someone appreciate your puckered behind, even though you would never in your life aknowledge their presence...
There is a guy near where I used to live in country Ja who used to yell that he wanted to marry me whenever I drove past. I wonder what would have happened if I had stopped and said 'ok then, lets go and do it'?
You know what though? What if the tables were turned and you women were the ones who had to initiate first contact? Think it would be easy? Especially when the person whose attention you are trying to get thinks that they have free license to just dismiss you despite the fact that you just ran through hectic DC traffic and almost got run over by a U-Haul van! Not that ANY of that has ever happened to me of course... I am just saying is all.
"...sometimes it's nice to have someone appreciate your puckered behind..."
This is gonna sound really prudish, but a "compliment" from someone you don't really care what they think makes the compliment pointless, IMO.
LOL @ KG: I think you should stop and find out next time.
LMAO @ Fiyah: I've approached guys many times (in my younger days). Some of them rebuffed me...I'm still alive. It's really what you say sometimes...
Being the uber shy guy that I am - it's hard initiating convo with women on the street...I for one try not to do it..cause I consider it a form of harassment...A smiple head nod...Good Morning - Has Anyone told you You look wonder today...often-times get women reaching in their purse for the mace. NY women.......Nyers on a whole are always on the defensive..Like..YO..why u speaking to me Sun..You know me??..ROFL!
I avoid eye contact & just Trip em to break the ice!
Yawl Death stares dont make it easy either!
This is gonna sound really prudish, but a "compliment" from someone you don't really care what they think makes the compliment pointless, IMO.
Exactly. I don't get why those losers think any woman wants the "privilege" of receiving one of those "compliments," unless, as SimplEnigma mentioned, she's a chickenhead.
Simple answer.. yes. Somebody fell for it.
Post a Comment
<< Home