Friday, March 09, 2007

The Fungus Relationship


I was talking to a guy friend of mine the other day about this chick he's been seeing. They've been casually dating for about 3 months, but "although she's a really cool woman" he has no inclination "to take things further or get serious." This guy isn't a Slippery Dude; he's had good solid relationships with women in the past. Actually, if it weren't for the teensy fact that I'm not romantically attracted to him, I'd date him myself.

"Just let it go," I advised him. "If yall have been dating for 3 months and you're not feeling anything other than a cool friendship with this chick, it's time to file her in the friend zone and move on."

He was hesitant. "But she's really nice!" he insisted. "Maybe she'll grow on me."

Fungi. Gangrene. Mold. Moles. Tumors. Leeches. They all attach themselves to a host; and at first they seem innocent enough, but before you know it they've set up shop, multiplied and taken over the whole operation. Hmm, sounds like oodles of fun. That's exactly the kind of person you should be looking to date: one that grows on you.

I'm not saying you shouldn't give someone a chance; but I think you know within the first few meetings if there's chemistry and the potential for something more. It's that chemistry/potential that makes you wanna get to know someone better. You shouldn't be dating someone for 3 months without some kinda chemistry...unless you're marrying them for their papers (not that I'm recommending anyone to do so, since it's like, totally illegal and stuff...).

Fungus relationships never work. Bottom line. If you're not attracted to the person in the first 2-3 meetings, chances are it's a wrap. Call it quits and stop wasting their time. And if you have another living thing growing on you (that's not hair or nails), I'd suggest you see a doctor.

Here's your chance at 2 minutes of fame...

8 Comments:

At March 09, 2007 8:33 PM, Blogger Madam DLBG said...

Ugh...why do we push past the obvious? Grow on you? LOL...NO!
Too bad he doesn't see that as soon as her took on that mentality he VOLUNTARILY became her host...sigh...and now what could be a great thing as "friends" will be ruined by pushing for what's not meant to be.

 
At March 09, 2007 9:03 PM, Blogger kimba said...

oh yes the growth principle.. many's a time I have thought 'I could give this a go - even though my heart isn't really in it..' I promise from now on I'll think of mushrooms instead of settling..

good post..

 
At March 11, 2007 10:04 AM, Blogger Abeni said...

So true.Instead of wasting your and the other person's time just let go

 
At March 11, 2007 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People always want to "hang in there" and hope for the best. I blame others who tell you that you are not giving it enough time. Why would you need time to know that you have to hear this person's voice or see their face all the time? Do you need time to know that you think about this person all the time?

 
At March 11, 2007 10:45 PM, Blogger Simply Alluring said...

LOL. I know sooo many people (both men and women) who have fungus growing on them lol.

it's sad

 
At March 12, 2007 2:16 PM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

LMAO @ Kimba...I know...being someone who hates to give up on anything, I used to feel like I had to at least give it the old college try (what does that mean anyway?)...

I really have yet to see a fungus relationship work...I'm hoping someone will prove me wrong.

Mr. A: where have you been, dude?

 
At March 13, 2007 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where have I been? Off conducting my research of course. ;-) Let me tell you that BPM site is straight garbage.

 
At March 14, 2007 9:10 AM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

LMAO...Ironically that's my next topic. The BPM update...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home