Monday, September 08, 2008

The Careerist


Ok, so after the whole "fatist" issue (which didn't go over well with some people), I figured I should keep the whole spirit of honesty going and admit that I have a slight touch of careerism as well. I can't date dudes with certain professions.

And I know some of you are thinking, "She has some nerve! She can barely get a date and she's being choosy." That might be true...actually, it's pretty true, but we all have our preferences. It's really just 4 professions:

The Mortician: I know we all have to die sometime, and that doesn't bother me. But I think I'd be a bit unnerved to be caressed by a dude who's spent all day with his hands on dead bodies. Of course, I told one of my friends this, and her response was: "What if he gives really good orgasms?" I honestly don't know that he'd get that far.

The Actor: I'd never know if he was being real or practicing a scene.

The Hypnotist: I could never go to sleep around him. I'd always be suspicious that he'd hypnotize me to fall in love with him. And what if we break up? Maybe he'd hypnotize me to always reveal terrible things about myself on the first date and scare prospective dudes away...oh wait, I already do that. LOL.

The Gynecologist: This one isn't for the reason you think. I'm perfectly ok with my dude looking into random vaginas all day. But how many bakers do you know that come home and say: "Mmm, I've been smelling buns all day. I think that's JUST what I feel to have, now that I'm home!" Yeah, I thought so. Besides, who decides they want to go to med school to look at vaginas all day? I love dudes, but I wouldn't wanna stare at penises all day -- especially with gross stuff oozing out of them. Ugh.

Am I being neurotic?

11 Comments:

At September 09, 2008 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this post. It made me laugh! I have to admit I've never quite thought about rejecting guys based on their career paths, but you've brought up some professions even I have to raise my eyebrows at. :)

 
At September 09, 2008 8:29 AM, Blogger Kara - Jamaican Woman said...

i knew gynae would be in there...lol

 
At September 09, 2008 2:26 PM, Blogger Crankyputz said...

I have a few too, but I get so much flack for mine, that I rarley ever mention them.....

 
At September 09, 2008 6:17 PM, Blogger ruthibel said...

lol@the gynie
And I totally get the mortician thing... dead hands... ack!

Was gonna go along with the actor (you had good reason), but then I figure you can't act forever... truth must come out some time...

 
At September 09, 2008 9:38 PM, Blogger kimba said...

I was an actor.. and no.. you don't want to go out with an actor SimplE..

Good point on the baker/gyno example.. *nod*

x

 
At September 10, 2008 11:11 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said...

not neurotic at all... not wanting men with these professions is perfectly normal... on the other hand... all of them make good money...lol

 
At September 12, 2008 5:52 PM, Blogger owen said...

this post is pure comedy, I was expecting some "real" professions that you come in contact with on a regular. I mean how many Gynecologists did you reject when they looked up say: "hey, your not bad, want grab some tea after?".

 
At September 15, 2008 3:40 PM, Blogger Pepper said...

owen's got a point lol
and so does eb! (once the actor doesnt have a waiting side job)

i've never thought of this one really, i guess because of Owen's point, never came across such interesting jobs in the field before...

 
At September 15, 2008 3:41 PM, Blogger Pepper said...

oooh but if my current gynae werent engaged and i wasnt all LB'd...dude woulda had a stalker for sure!!! he so foine

 
At September 18, 2008 2:05 AM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

@Sindu: I've met them all. I didn't even include the Scientologist...

@Kara, yeah but it's not for the reason that most women won't date one.

@CP, you can't just say something like that and NOT expound. Sheesh. Now I'm drooling like Pavlov's dogs, wondering what they could be.

@Ruthibelle, you do have a point. But by the time the truth comes out, I'm usually all the way in...or so bored I've moved on.

@Kimba, where've you been?

Eb, if you've read my blog for any time, you'll see that money usually isn't a consideration for the guys I date...I think that's half my problem. LOL.

Owen, it's not Jamaica, it's NY. You meet people of different professions all the time. I met a mortician. He was hot, and taking over the family business. I pictured his hands roaming all over my body...then I pictured his hands roaming over some dead person's body. It was a wrap. Wonder what ever happened to him?

 
At September 21, 2008 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@SE: This post made me laugh! I get the mortician thing... definitely not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home