Skeletons In The Cabinet?
G, New York
You seem like you have your head on straight so I want to get a woman's perspective on a couple of issues I have with a new lady I'm dealing with. I'm used to being with natural women, but for the first time in my life I'm with a woman who has a weave. When I met her, I didn't know it wasn't her hair (I probably wouldn't have stepped to her if I knew) and didn't find out until one day we were messing around and she told me. To be honest, my whole vibe changed and I feel uncomfortable getting physical with her now. I like to feel hair and grab it, but a brotha don't want to feel tracks under his fingers. How should I deal with that.
Second thing. She's been coming over to my place, but I went to her house the other day for the first time. I looked in her medicine cabinet when I was in the bathroom and she has a whole bunch of prescription bottles with pills and ointments all in her name! Should I ask what she uses them for?
Hmmm, so that's why that dude never called me back after he came to my apartment! I can't lie, I have a whole bunch of prescription ointments in my cosmetics basket at home - and they're in plain view. LMAO. The ointments are things that various dermatologists prescribed for my sebhorreic dermatitis that I never used. But I always kept them in the event I had to show another dermatologist what was prescribed before. I really never thought that a date would potentially think that I have some contagious fungus (see that's why I don't invite dudes I don't know well to my apartment). Thanks for the new perspective....maybe I'll keep 'em in a drawer from now on. Hehe. Ok back to your problem:
Shame on you for snooping! See, if you'da been minding your own business, you wouldn't have seen all of that. Ignorance is bliss m'dear. But now that you've seen it, what to do?
1. If you ask chick what they're for, you'd have to admit that you were snooping, and that's not a good look for a dude. It's a little Desperate Housewives-ish.
2. But if they're like anti-pyschotics or HIV/AIDS meds, it's also not a good look for you to be murdered in your sleep when she has an episode, or contract a deadly disease (although chances are if she's been spending the night, you two have been doing a lot more than playing monopoly).
I say man up and ask. Worse case scenario is that she decides she doesn't want to deal with a dude who's snooping in her cabinet.
Now about your weave problem: I haven't a clue what to tell you. Back in the day when I was a weave-wearer (I'm Jamaican, it's in our blood), I wasn't sexually active. But I've often wondered how I'd deal with it. I can see where you're coming from, because I dunno if I'd want a dude to touch my head full of tracks. I feel like it would kinda ruin the magic and the fantasy - kinda like wearing a head scarf during sex, or stopping a session to take a dump. But that's just me. I can't even ask any of my friends because none of them wear weaves...Damn, I just realized that none of my close friends wear weaves...interesting. Maybe I should diversify. Hehe.
But at the same time, it is kinda shallow to let that affect how you feel about the chick. After all she "is not her hair" (literally, in this case...LOL...sometimes I just crack myself up) and I'm sure that wasn't what attracted you to her in the first place - at least I hope not. I say get over it, enjoy her for her great personality, and if you must grab onto something when you're being intimate, use her breasts.
What say you, O Learned Reader?
Labels: Reader's Questions


11 Comments:
You Are TOO funny....
Medicine Cabinet snooping is part of life, I mean if your in some dudes apartment and he supposedly lives alone and dude's got girly stuff everywhere, there's a back story you want to know about.
I don't suscribe to the ignorance is bliss theory...I'm with the "Better to know Now rather than later"
Hey I just saw that you got me all acknowledged and shit and I'm seriously falttered! But I hope Mr. 'Wonder what brand of feminine hygene products she uses' doesn't take you too literaly and grab those breasts like hair because if she's anything like me- his balls would ring til the Sunday Service.
Agreed that he has to like her for more than the hair.If the hair was the main attraction then he is gonna walk.Sounds like much ado over nutten tho..BTS,not a weave wearer but for some reason I always have to be saying..look no tracks.lol
Okay.. maybe the drugs would freak me out too.. no lie. As for the weave.. I gotta say, alot of my more snobby friends would probably die if they realised I had in a weave sometimes.. I try any and everything.. long, curly, wigs etc etc. I like to switch it up, why should Beyonce have all the fun (not to mention the great pix of her youth ;) I only wear em for short periods and special occasions but they are so fun and easy I understand why women get addicted..
but to Mr. question asker: TO THY OWN SELF BE TRUE.. if the weave really and truly bothers u.. and u feel close enuff - say something.. be prepared for her to get VEX.. but hey u never know..
.. If a guy I really liked truly hated weaves.. I could certainly live without them. BUT don't try to force me.. let me give it up of my own free will.. and outta love for my man...
You know, you are crazy :)
I don't think the weaves would bother me that much, though I prefer it natural...
@CP, I think cabinet snooping is a female sport. I'm sure dudes do it too, but for some reason I don't wanna KNOW that they do it...Yeah, it's a double standard.
I've always said that I was gonna put some of those little marbles in my medicine cabinet so if someone opens it they'll come clattering out into the sink. LOL. Good thing my apartment doesn't have one.
@BIM: violence is not the answer...LOL @ "ring til the Sunday Service"
I asked a friend of mine how she does it with the weaves and she was basically like, "it's all good, as long as he doesn't pull too hard or get too near to the tracks". LMAO.
For some reason I have this mental picture of a woman in the throes of ecstasy and screaming, "Watch the hair!!" I watch too much TV.
Dealt with the same thing at one time..after I damn near broke a knuckle trying to run my hands tru my beloved hair...I use to feel if she's wearing a weave..she was either hidding from herself..or didnt like herself...then I Realise how shallow that sounded...As you said..The Weave doesnt make her..and if the hair is what attracted you, then dude you need to check yourself! Re the snooping..I'm saying if the cabinet was cracked just a lill..maybe you get a bly~
ROFL @ the Bress Grabbing & Balls Ringing...Unu mad like........
I once knew a girl who during sex with a dread got too excited to pulled and out came a lock. Apparently it completely ruined the moment and he was very upset.
I guess the moral of that story is go ahead with weave girl - but don't pull too hard!
SE lmao at the marbles, I think I might try that one day hahahaaaaa!!!
I don't mind the fake hair.. until they are trying to pass it off as their own hair.
I've been talking to a girl before with a sew-in that had me fooled. I always thought she took good care of her hair but when I realized it was bought and not grown I must say disappointment did set in.
Post a Comment
<< Home