Do Your Friends Think You're Dateable?
They're your boys. They're your girls. They're the ones who know you almost as well as you know yourself. They know the people you've cheated on, and have been there when people have cheated on you. They've had your back through some of the most horrible relationships - even when you were in the wrong.
They were there when you swore that men were all lying, cheating dogs. They lent silent support when you ranted that all women were gold diggers who were only after your money. And they know your philosophy on the opposite sex.
But knowing everything that they do about your personality, and gender considerations aside, would your closest friends date you?
Well, what would this blog be without some real life answers from my friends? Asha said she'd date me because our personalities complement each other (she's very laid back and carefree, and I'm, well...not). But I don't think we'd do very well at a relationship, because sometimes you just need a good fight, and she wouldn't give it to me - it's just not in her nature to take things too seriously. My friend Sheree thinks her patient, calm nature would be a perfect ying for my yang. Heather would be turned off by my "tendency to be a little negative sometimes". Dear old tactful Heather...I love her.
Notice a pattern? It wasn't lost on me either. Apparently, it takes a really laidback, patient person who doesn't take life too seriously to date me. Wanna know something else? I don't think I'd date me either. Don't get me wrong, I'm not low on self-esteem or anything like that. As a matter of fact, I think I have all the qualities of a great catch - beauty, brains, sense of humor, charisma, blah, blah, blah - but if I can't be honest with myself (and the hundreds of people who'll read this), who can I be honest with? I'd prefer someone who's a little less picky, a bit more spontaneous and not so self-deprecating. (Funny enough, the self-deprecating thing was the reason for my latest dating-possibility-that-didn't-happen.) Aaaaah, nothing like a little self-evaluation to put things into perspective.
So what do you think your friends would say about you? Ask them; I'd love to hear the responses.


3 Comments:
That's not really a question a guy can ask his buddies. No matter if you qualify it with "if I was a woman", they'll still think you're on some gay vibe.
I want to know any guy who's done this successfully with his male friends.
Just posed the question to two friends so waiting on answers now.
But would I date me? I definitely think so, although I'd be turned off by my tendency to bawl over nonsense. I know that because even though I bawl at the drop of a hat, it annoys the hell out of me, when other people do it.
If I'm watching a talk show and as they're wont to do, the peeps start bawling over some shit, I'm usually like, jeez, get over it already.
LMAO at "bawl over nonsense"...you're funny.
Post a Comment
<< Home