A Career Move?
Anonymous, 27
Somewhere, USA
Should I take my career into consideration when it comes to dating? How do u differ between serious dating and casual (dating)?
I'm gonna answer your 2nd question first. I think people date for 3 reasons:
1) To feel each other out to see if there's the possibility of pursuing a commitment
2) To get laid
3) For companionship (the happy medium)
If you figure out which of these is your reason for dating, you'll have your answer. For the record though, I really don't think there's any such thing as "serious dating". Once you've decided that the person is serious enough to merit a commitment, then technically, you shouldn't be 'dating' anymore....but that's just me. Serious dating = having your cake and eating it too.
Now for your second question. Everything in life should have balance...all work and no play not only makes Jack dull, he'll turn 40, have a midlife crisis and regret that he dedicated his best years to a career and never made time for the other things in life. Even the busiest man in America took time away from his career for dating (if you consider oral sex in the Oval Office dating), so I think it should be pretty easy for everyone else to balance both.
Your reason for dating also comes into play. If you're casually dating, then your career should have no bearing on your dating and vice versa...but if it gets serious, then I'd say you should be able to balance both. It's all about multitasking, baby!
An idiot once said, "A good sweater is replaceable; a good person is not." Although the dude really was a moron, I think I agree.
Career vs. Dating: What do you think? or Email me a question
Labels: Reader's Questions


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home